06 October 2012

What a wonderful day to brew!

It has been a while because of various events: camping on the beach for a sunrise swim with the dolphins, a road trip to Austin for BearFeast, getting tossed about the Guadalupe River on tubes... you know, the normal. In any case, I felt like trying two new things today.  The first, I decided to attempt a Northern Brewer recipe because IPA does not tend to be my strong point.  Dead Ringer sounded good, and I have spoken to both my parents and both my brothers about it, so I decided to give it a whirl.  Quite the box arrived at my door with all that grain and my new mash paddle! The second new thing is the Presidential White House Honey Ale (extract kit) which I got all the ingredients up for... So here goes! Gonna start the mash for Dead Ringer early.  9:15am on a Saturday.

More posts to come ...

No comments:

Post a Comment